Thursday, May 17, 2012

Breaking in the scooter



Well I'm happy to report that all is (still) running well. I just got back from a quick ride around Spokane. This time I went up north around Little Spokane River drive and tried to cross into greenbluff. I didn't feel like tackling some gravel roads they have where I was at so I turned around and took a different street on the way back home.

I'ts was windy today and going over 50 with a side wind was scary. I managed to take it up on hwy 2 with 50mph uphill. Last time I did that I could only get under 45 full throttle. So my scooter is breaking in nicely and I'm looking forward to changing the break-in gear and engine oil at 300miles... I'm now on 226miles.

On a further note I adjusted the idle from 3000rpm to 1700rpm according to my manual. However, I notice that I now have to give it more gas before the clutch engages. so a fellow Youtube subscriber (Scootergothtrash ) advised me to increase the rpm just below the clutch would engage the wheel... which is about 2600rpm I guess. Now I have quicker launches at stop lights instead of feeling like it's a 50cc.

Also this Saturday the 19th up at the Spokane house is the Minion's Spring Scooter Rally 2012. Now that I have a scooter I am excited of hanging out with them (and possible membership )when they go for their rides and meet-ups. My wife will be going too so she will get to see what all the fuss is about. I plan on taking some good pictures and video along the way so don't forget to subscribe, or you'll miss all the action.

No comments:

Post a Comment