Thursday, May 10, 2012

A new journey

Welcome to my third blog. I am sure that as time goes on I will have more thoughtful and creative views and exciting pictures and videos to share.

About me, I took a trip to Long beach Washington back in 1999 with my class in band to support our girls high school basketball team. It was an exciting and wonderful vacation during which we had spent a 2 days in Seattle, 2 days in Long beach, and 1 day in the Tri-city area. There was scooter rentals which piqued my interests. $350 deposit and $60 for 4hours later I was hooked... although it was just a 50cc it still got up to 40. Ever since then I've tried and failed to obtain one for one reason or another. As the making of this post I still don't have one...YET!


July 2010 my wife and I took a motorcycle training course to obtain our endorsements, it was fun, educational and  gave us confidence to seek out bikes of our own. That's when I started to really look forward to getting a scooter. This time I was looking for something with a little more umph! 150cc or higher. As of right now I have no desire to take any bike on the highway, even if the bike can do 70mph or more 150cc is fast enough with 55-65 mph top speed. However, last year I got laid off work, and everything got put on hold. I had thought of getting a Vespa 150 or even the 300gt but I could never afford that.

Just recently I have come to a decision that no matter what I will get some scooter. There is a place in Spokane, Washington that sells Roketa Chinese scooters, the largest bike is a 150 Roketa MC-04Y Fiji. For a tall guy this will comfortably fit me and my wife as we venture off into the unknown. Tax a licensing this bike will cost $1160, and I still have to come up with another 50 bucks for a helmet. Unfortunately... the shop is sold out and is awaiting a new shipment Thursday. But luck would have it that I would be riding the brand new 2012 bikes just released to the US. So I am excited to finally have a bike to call my own and show everyone the 2012 Roketa MC-04J Fiji!

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Actually it was July 2011, that we took that class honey buns :) It was a blast, we need to take the refresher course, especially me.

    ReplyDelete