Monday, June 4, 2012

Wind and Rain

OK, so today I rode to Post Falls Idaho, first off I got lost getting there and coming back...(stupid Google maps.) I had to stop in Rathdrum to ask for directions which was simple enough, all I had to do was turn right at the corner ahead and go 6 miles so it worked out! On the way back I tried to go backwards to the directions I was supposed to follow but I again was lost. The street has a different name going one direction, and something else the opposite directions. once I figured that out it was much easier to go home. However... it started to rain and not only that, it was windy! I had a head wind all the way there and the streets I was on 55mph I couldn't keep up, there were times I had to pull off the road three times to let traffic go because the wind was just that strong against me. Also I had to pull off the road because my trunk case flew open and my shit started to fly out, it was closed but I guess a bump caused it to open unexpectedly. I lost a blue Walmart bag :( it was my favorite bag.

On the way back it started to rain and I've never driven in the rain with my scooter before so I was praying that I wouldn't go down on the way home. Not only that but I had cross winds all the way home which really dragged me all over the place trying to stay rubber side down! With wind, rain, and on top of that NO RAIN GEAR! I was forced to travel 40 miles home soaking wet from the top down. My fingers were numb, my crotch was as cold as an icicle, and the only parts of me that was dry was my toes, my head and my ass!

Other then that it was... Interesting. I never went to another city like that before and I never rode in the rain either. If I had another bike I would try to go harder in the rain to see how the bike handles but I need to have this one last for the rest of the year without any major repair.

I saw 3 Harley bikers dressed in leather vests with no helmets out in the rain (dumb mother fuckers) smiling and probably thinking... oh well. Then I passed a biker bar with a sign saying " Don't be stupid, pull over". I laugh because if I pulled over I would be stupid. No I went home on my scooter soaking wet from pouring rain and winds that would second guess my choice in vehicles. At first It was like jumping into a river but soon the cold soaked to my bones and I was rushing to get home to warm up next to my lovely wife! Nonetheless I survived and I hope to get some rain gear for when this happens again here soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you got rained out honey, but it was nice warming up under your robe when you got back. ;)
    Riding without the proper gear is suicide, gotta love stupid people, they are amusing. Have fun spreading your brains all over the highway dumb ass!

    ReplyDelete